29 thoughts on “WWII Map Coordinates – 22nd Infantry – June 1944 to May 1945

1. Michael Justin

Dear Sir, I have recently came across many items related to S/SGT Carlo Liotta, H Co., 2 Batt, 22nd Infantry Regt. He was KIA in late September 1944. Was hoping to dig up anything that would allow me to find out what happened to him. He is my best friends Grandfather.

1. tomawski Post author

Michael,

I thank S/Sgt. Liotta for his service to our country. I have sent you an email with more information.

Thanks,
      John

2. Andy Rathgeber

My father’s uncle, 1st Lt William F Rathgeber was in Co. K, and was killed April 4, 1945 near Konigshofen Germany, supposedly by Kriegsmarine sniper. Any information about action around that time and location would be much appreciated

2. Charles-hubert

Hello

I do not speak English and I apologize;
    I know Carlo Liotta died September 15, 1944 in Brandscheid in Germany following a gunshot wound in the head.
    He was buried first in Belgium and his body was then transferred.
    Charles-Hubert

3. leroy

Hello sir
    excuse me for my English
    I am currently sponsoring a tombstone in colleville
    That of soldier UNDERWOOD T J
    38510536
    22nd RI of the 4th DI died July 10, 1944
    After long unsuccessful search on my part.
    I wanted to know if you could tell me more
    Cordialy Antoine.

1. Andre Higler

Hallo,

I’m Andre and I’m from Holland.

5 years ago I went to the cemetery in Normandy. I took a picture of the grave of pvt. T.J. Underwood of the 22 infantry.
        Since then I’ve got this photo as a background on my phone seeing it every time I’ve picked up my phone for the last 5 years.

This picture has a very special personal meaning and memorys for me.

The last 5 years I’ve got curios about this private and his path in Europe. Could you help me with some information about this soldier an his tour in Europe?

Many thanks from a curious Dutchman.

4. Donald Cunningham

My father Frank Cunningham (San Diego)was a replacement Pfc. with 4th Infantry, 22nd Regiment Company B and was wounded on April 1, 1945 outside of Rothenberg and any information would be appreciated as I was in Rothenberg last month.

5. Steven Muha

My wife’s Great-Uncle Frank M Espino was killed March 2 1945. Any information you may have on him would be greatly appreciated.

6. David A Keiser

My grandfather was killed in ww2 in 1944, on his grave it says 22 Inf. Co. G I can’t locate him in the KIA’s. Listed for the unit and cant find a G unit either, I was hopeful you could help

7. Bob

Wow , Dad was with F company, and told me what happened that night….when they was holding the line….Every Christmas he would tell us that story, of E,G and his Company…fighting with no winter clothes, all night…Wilson was the CO, and he said , the last attack was an SS unit and punched through thier line..He said Wilson yelled out “every man to himself” ….He was the only automatic weapon left (BAR) …All the others behind him and above him , ran screaming into the enemy, engaging in a cold steel fight….Ove 80 Germans were dead in and around thier position the next morning…F Co consisted of 28 men after the battle.

8. Twan Van leeuwen

I have adopted the gravesite of John D Donaway.C-CO KIA 2 dec 1944 near Großhau. Can you tell me more how they moved trough the hurtgenforest. Thank you very much

9. Leonard Curtis

Looking for any information you might have on Pvt. Rayford Quick, Co. K, 22nd Infantry. KIA 7/11/1944.

10. Lee Madore

My father was in Co K 22inf do you have any info. I know he joined Co K again after being in hospital for 185 days on Jan 11 45

11. Michael C. Taylor

Hello,

My father, Melvin C Taylor, service number 35 294 453, was in Company L, 3rd Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division. He was wounded twice, on June 11th and August 5th 1944. Dad never talked about the war and passed away in 1996; hoping you may be able to shed some light on his service.

Best,